NAA Speakers Bureau
The NAA Speakers Bureau program hosts a select group of NAA-approved speakers, offering state auctioneer associations the opportunity to choose a subject expert for their annual meeting or conference.
: The NAA Board of Directors recently voted to change the speaker request/confirmation process. The biggest change is that we will offer up to $600 towards the cost of travel for the speaker! A real benefit as the cost of travel continues to increase. To qualify for travel reimbursement, all requests for a speaker and the speaker's availability must go through NAA staff rather than directly between a speaker and a state association.
Speakers Bureau Program Guide
To Request a Speaker
- Provide one complimentary speaker per year (August through July)
- Contact and confirm speaker from provided speaker list
- Provide speaker contact information, picture and biography (as shown online)
- Publish newly elected officers’ names, any competition results and other event information in Auctioneer magazine, space permitting. Must submit a separate form by going to auctioneers.org/statenews
- Effective September 1, 2022 the NAA will cover fees up to $600 related to travel. Submit all reimbursable travel receipts to NAA by email to email@example.com or fax to (913) 894-5281 with a cover page, attention Janice Martin. THE REIMBURSEMENT WILL BE MADE OUT TO, AND SENT TO, THE STATE ASSOCIATION AFTER THE EVENT DATE.
- Conduct post-event surveys with speakers and state associations
State Association Responsibilities
- Complete, sign and submit online Memorandum of Understanding form to NAA no less than 90 days prior to event
- Arrange and confirm lodging, ground transportation and audio/visual needs with speaker
- Allow speaker to provide an NAA presentation during event when all attendees are present (minimum 15 minutes)
- Allow speaker participation in conference activities. e.g. judge bid calling contest, swear in new board members
- Provide meals and ensure all speaker materials are copied for attendees; and pay all transportation costs not covered by NAA