What to know before you go
What to pack
- Conference attire is business casual
- Welcome Party attire is casual (but bring a mask!)
- The President’s Gala attire is formal/business professional
- Bring layers: The hotel could be cold, but July in New Orleans will be hot and muggy
- Hotel reservation confirmation
- Conference registration confirmation
- Business cards—you’ll need a lot of those with all the networking you’ll be doing!
- Cash—bring cash to the Welcome Party, Auction & Appetizers, President’s Gala and IAC dinner to purchase beverages not provided by the NAA
- Donations for Auction & Appetizers
- Check flight information into and out of Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport at flymsy.com.
- Airport Shuttle service is available to and from downtown and uptown New Orleans. Shuttles run every day, departing every 30 minutes (except between 2 and 3:30 a.m.). Purchase tickets at airportshuttleneworleans.com or in person at the Airport Shuttle Ticket Desk across from baggage claim.
- The airport is approximately 16 miles from the Hilton New Orleans Riverside hotel.
- New Orleans is an extremely walkable city and you will not need a car to get around, unless you are going outside the city.
- Streetcars are a charming and convenient way to experience New Orleans. Four distinct lines, each originating downtown, will take you through the French Quarter and beyond. Streetcar fare is $1.25 and must be paid with exact change when you board. One, three and 31-day unlimited ride “Jazzy Passes” are also available for $3, $9 and $55, respectively. Check the Regional Transit Authority’s (RTA) website at norta.com or a list of places to purchase passes, as well as information about wheelchair accessibility. You can also download the RTA gomobile app and pay your fare instantly from your phone.
- Parking at the Hilton Riverside is very high. The NAA negotiated rate is $25/night for self-parking. You may want to consider alternative options such as parking at the airport and taking an UBER or Lyft into the city (costs range from $25-$40).
- The Hilton New Orleans Riverside Hotel is located at 2 Poydras Street, New Orleans, LA.
- Once you are checked-in, mosey around the hotel, get acclimated to where the NAA meeting rooms are located, and locate the emergency exits.
Activities in New Orleans